This (way too) cold weather has me craving hearty root veggies – namely sweet potatoes. You can usually find them spiralized in the refrigerated section of the produce department at the grocery store. Or, if you prefer, use a spiralizer at home.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, spirlaized
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 links pre-cooked Andouille sausage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and onion. Stir until the onion is translucent, about five minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Stir for an additional three minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes. You may need tongs to separate them and thoroughly mix all of the ingredients.
- Add the chopped, pre-cooked Andouille sausage, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the sweet potatoes are tender, about eight minutes.
- Serve garnished with parmesan cheese if desired.