I call this one of my “cheater” recipes because it’s super easy to make. I love it because it’s quick, low carb, and so tasty. Pack the leftovers for a perfect lunch at work the next day!
- 1 1/4 pound butternut squash, cubed (some grocery stores sell it already prepped for you)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound spicy chicken sausage (I used pre-cooked links and just diced them up)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic and stir for about two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and white wine. Stir occasionally for an additional two minutes or so. Add the seasonings.
- Add the asparagus and butternut squash. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the squash starts to get tender.
- Stir in the cooked chicken sausage.
- Cook for about another five minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded parmesan cheese.