- 1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken, meat chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cube Caldo de Tomate seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Tapatio or Cholula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado and Queso Fresco for garnish
- In a soup pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add the carrots, onion, celery and garlic. Stir, and cook until the onion is translucent. About five minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, garbanzo beans and chicken to the pot.
- Add the Caldo de Tomate and hot sauce and stir.
- Just before serving, add the cilantro the soup pot.
- Garnish with the avocado and Queso Fresco. Serve with corn tortillas if desired.