So good. Great leftovers. Simple as that!
- 2 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts and extra virgin olive oil. Add 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. If the pesto gets too thick, I just add a few drops of water. Set aside.
- Using a knife, slice the chicken in half horizontally, stopping before you reach the opposite edge. Your chicken breast should open like a book.
- Spread the pesto evenly inside the two chicken breasts. It’s okay if it spills out the sides.
- Season the top of the chicken with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. At about the 38 minute mark, turn on the broiler and complete cooking.