It’s clear by now that I have an obsession with Cauliflower. It’s such a great substitution for our favorites like potatoes, rice and pasta. This recipe makes great leftovers too, which is a bonus.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower, pulsed in a food processer until it reaches a rice-like consistency
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and bake until cooked through. When the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and dice or shred it. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the cauliflower “rice” and stir occasionally until tender.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Add the garlic, peppers and mushrooms. After about five minutes, add the chicken, chili garlic sauce, and hoisin.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables on a bed of the cauliflower.