I love this dish because it’s SO quick and easy. Also, it’s super light and packed with flavor. This particular recipe serves two.
- 2 pieces fresh halibut
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, jalapeno, avocado, onion and cilantro. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top. Toss, and set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan, and season the top of the halibut with salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut in the pan, presentation side down. Sear for about two minutes.
- Turn the halibut presentation side up, and put it into a lightly greased baking dish. Depending on the thickness of the halibut, cook for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Plate the halibut on top of the mango salad, and garnish with fresh lime.