Today I was in the mood for something super flavorful, but still healthy. I’m on the low carb kick, so this recipe was a perfect choice. It needs to marinate for about four hours, so plan accordingly.
For the marinade you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
You’ll also need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 bunch of broccoli, stems removed
- In a measuring cup, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Whisk with a fork.
- Lay the chicken breasts in a pan. Cover with the marinade. After about two hours, flip the chicken over, so the flavor is evenly distributed.
- After the chicken has fully marinated, preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a new baking dish, and add the chicken and sweet potatoes. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken has about ten minutes left to cook, boil a pot of water. Add the broccoli, and cook for about 2-4 minutes depending on how tender you like it.
Serve and enjoy!