What do you do when you really want to dig into a bowl of rice, but don’t want to suffer the consequences of carb-loading? Substitute cauliflower! This recipe is super easy and equally delicious. The spicy shrimp is mouthwateringly good, too!
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop off the heads of cauliflower, and put into a food processor. Pulse the food processor until the cauliflower takes on a rice-like consistency. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat half of the extra virgin olive oil. When the pan is hot, add half of the diced onion. Stir until the onion is translucent, about five minutes. Add the cauliflower to the pan, and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Add the second half of the diced onion and stir. Add the shrimp, lime juice, and chili garlic sauce. The shrimp shouldn’t take long to cook – maybe about five minutes. Set it aside.
- While the pan is still hot, quickly add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
Serve and enjoy.