Cold weather definitely calls for a soup day. This is another quick and easy recipe to throw in your rotation. I love it because it has a kick to it, too!
- 1 pound organic spicy Italian chicken sausage
- 5 ounces organic baby kale
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 14.5 ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Avocado slices for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion, carrot and garlic, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes.
- Add the sausage. Stir, breaking it up with the spoon as it cooks.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, add the beans and chicken broth. Stir in the baby kale. At this point, taste the soup. Season it with salt and pepper as you see fit.
- Stir in the light sour cream.
- Garnish with avocado, and serve.