Alright you guys – I’m still on the healthy food kick. However, I’m not one of those people who likes to sacrifice flavor! This is the perfect recipe that gives you the best of both worlds. It’s also great for meal prep if you’re planning for the week ahead. Just be sure to allow yourself enough time to marinate the chicken.
- 4 thin organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Create your marinade. In a shallow pan, combine the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts, shallots and garlic. Make sure the chicken is covered with the marinade. Add a little bit of water if needed. Marinate for a minimum of two hours, or up to a day.
- When you’re ready, reheat your oven to 375 F.
- Peel the sweet potato, and cut it into 1″ cubes. Pull the chicken from the refrigerator, and lay the breasts out onto a shallow pan. Cover with a bit of the marinade, the shallots and garlic. Arrange the sweet potatoes around the chicken in the same dish. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil on top of the sweet potatoes and chicken. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. If you like your chicken and potatoes a bit crispy on the outside, turn on the broiler and bake for an additional two minutes.
- When the chicken has about 15 minutes left to cook, boil a pot of water for the asparagus. When the water is boiling, add the asparagus and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!