To be honest, this recipe came about when I was in the mood to do some serious dicing, and had some extra roasted chicken in the fridge. It’s super easy. Pick your favorite playlist, pour yourself a glass of wine, and bust out the sharp knives.
- Two organic chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 sprigs fresh sage, leaves removed and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 package penne pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, salt it generously. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent (about five minutes).
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and sage. Stir in the white wine.
- When the wine has been fully absorbed, add the chicken and continue to stir. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the chicken and vegetable mixture. Add the parmesan cheese and continue to stir until it is fully melted.
- Serve and garnish with additional parmesan cheese if desired.