If you’re not familiar with soppressata, it’s an Italian dry salami packed with flavor. It goes perfectly with this cheesy low-carb cauliflower crust. Top with fresh basil, and you have an ah-mazing hors d’oeuvre or main course.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 package soppressata, sliced thin
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces, rinse and drain.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until fine. Lay it out on paper towels, and press until all of the moisture is released.
- Put the cauliflower in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella, eggs, garlic and olive oil.
- Place the dough on a greased baking sheet and roll into a rectangle about 1/2″ thick. Bake for ten minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown. I like my crust crispy, so I broil it for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Pull the crust from the oven, and let rest for about five minutes.
- Spread the marinara on the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Top the pizza with the soppressata and Roma tomatoes, and bake at 375 for an additional ten minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and top with the basil chiffonade. Let sit for about five minutes before cutting and serving.