This one is so good, so easy, and super quick. All great things rolled up into one delicious weeknight recipe!
- 4 Aidell’s Andouille Sausage links (1 package), diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach, leaves whole
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of boiling water for the pasta
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until the onion is translucent, about five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and stir for an additional two minutes. Add the spinach and Italian seasoning, and stir until it is wilted. At this point, taste the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the diced sausage. Turn the heat to low to keep warm.
- When the pasta water is boiling, salt the water slightly and add the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, and return it to the pot. Add the sausage and vegetable mixture, along with the parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve, and garnish with additional parmesan.