I love this salad because its light, but still packed with flavor. Also, the recipe is pretty quick, so its perfect for a night when you’re strapped for time.
- 2 salmon filets, depending on size, skin removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 jar non-pareil capers
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, and two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add in the Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss thoroughly.
- Grease a large baking sheet. Spread the cherry tomatoes across the pan evenly. Bake for 20 minutes and set aside.
- While the tomatoes are still in the oven, heat the remaining two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Season the top of each piece of salmon with salt and pepper. When the olive oil in the pan is hot, place each piece of salmon in the pan face-down, and sear for about one minute.
- When the salmon is done being seared, place it presentation side-up in a greased baking dish. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, depending on size.
- While the salmon is in the oven, make the salad. In a cup, whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Taste it, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- In a large bowl, add the arugula, cherry tomatoes, capers, parmesan cheese and dressing. Because the tomatoes will still be warm, they will slightly wilt the arugula and release their juices. Be careful when adding the dressing, so as not to overdress depending on your preference.
- When the salmon is done, remove it from the oven, and serve it on a bed of the arugula salad.