This is what I call one of my “cheater” recipes. Toss everything in the crock pot, forget about it, and voilà! Dinner is served. Best thing about it? It’s packed with flavor and hearty goodness.
- 1.5 pounds organic Top Sirloin, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 packet stroganoff seasoning
- 1 package egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish, if desired
- Turn the heat on your crock pot to HIGH. Add the Top Sirloin, shallot, garlic, mushrooms, beef broth and stroganoff seasoning. Stir, cover, and let cook for about four hours, or until the meat is well done and tender.
- Boil a pot of water, and cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on the stovetop. Add the ingredients from the slow cooker to the pan using a slotted spoon, draining the broth as you go. Reserve the broth and set it aside.
- Stir the sour cream into the large pan on the stovetop.
- Add the prepared egg noodles, and stir. Add about 1/2 cup of the beef broth from the croc pot, and continue stirring until all of the ingredients are mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan if desired, and serve immediately.