I love fajitas! They’re as easy to make as they are tasty. Whatever you do, promise me you won’t buy one of those ready-made fajita seasoning packets. You can do it all on your own!
- 1 pound organic Top Sirloin, sliced into strips
- About a dozen corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup tap water
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes
- Place the strips of Top Sirloin in a bowl, raw. Add the garlic, black pepper, salt, chili powder, crushed red pepper, cumin and the juice of one lime. Pour the tap water over the top, and stir. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Spoon the entire avocado into a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add the juice of 1/2 a lime, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- After the Top Sirloin has finished marinating, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Add the bell peppers and onion. Stir occasionally until the onion is translucent, about five minutes.
- Add the Top Sirloin to the pan, as well as the marinade. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 more minutes (depending on how you like the steak cooked).
- Warm the corn tortillas in a pan, about 15 seconds on each side.
- Fill the tortillas with the fajita mixture, and guacamole. Serve immediately.