This is the perfect summer dish. It’s light, and super rich in flavor. You’ll just need to do a little bit of prep in the kitchen, but everything else can be done on the grill. Fire up the BBQ!
- 5 oz organic baby spinach
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- About 1/4 pound Beecher’s Flagship cheese, crumbled
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 organic Rib-Eye steaks, depending on size
- Peel back the husks of the corn, and strip the silks. Pull the husks back up, and soak the corn in cold water for about ten minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine the red wine vinegar, stone ground mustard, and extra virgin olive oil. This will make quite a bit of dressing. Use as much or as little as you like when tossing the salad. Refrigerate after mixing.
- Turn on, and heat the grill. Place the corn on the grill, and cook for about fifteen minutes with the lid closed, or until tender. Flip the corn at about 7 minutes, so both sides are evenly cooked.
- When the corn is done, slice it off of the ear, so the kernels are loose. Place the corn in the refrigerator.
- Season the Rib-Eye with salt and pepper. Place it on the grill, and cook for about 12 minutes, turning it every three for a medium rare steak.
- Toss the baby spinach, avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn and Beechers Flagship cheese together with the desired amount of dressing.
- When the steak is done, slice it into strips and arrange it on the top of the salad.