Who doesn’t love a good meatball? Let me start by saying that I’m adamant about using organic meat here. It’s more tender and flavorful, and I promise that you’ll end with an overall tastier dish. Also, try your best to make sure it hasn’t been previously frozen.
Start your super easy sauce first. You’ll need:
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 14.5oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregono
- Salt and pepper to taste
Keep it warm on your stovetop over medium heat, and stir occasionally.
For the meatballs, you’ll need:
- 1/2 pound mild Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I buy a loaf of fresh French bread and grind it in my food processor)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Mix all of your ingredients in a bowl
- Roll your meatballs so they’re about 2.5 inches in diameter
- Lay 12 meatballs out onto a greased baking sheet, and bake for about 30 minutes
- Add them to the sauce on your stovetop
The longer the meatballs are in the sauce, the more time the flavors will have a chance to mingle. Cook your pasta according to package directions. When it’s done, top it with your meatballs and sauce, and some grated parmesan.